Wiring for UK appliances

I have a dryer originating from the UK with the UK type connector. It is rated for 240 volts/ 60Hz and requires a 15 amp breaker. I have already a standard 220 dryer line and plug installed in my house.
My question is, rather than using an adapter, can I simply open the back of the dryer, replacing the entire cord & plug with the US version, which is available at my hardware store? Thanks,
-- Jeff
Yes, but you also need to change the thirty amp circuit breaker to a fifteen amp

The wire is rated for thirty amps but the appliance isn't

If it originated from the UK, it will be 50 hz not 60 hz. This can create problems with motors, clock timers and some electronic circuits.

Possible and worth checking, but many motors today are 50/60 kHz. In the international community they have to find ways of making thing compatible. We have machines at work that can run on 220/360/460/500, etc.
Yes, we have electronic equipment that can auto-set its own voltage setting from the power supplied but most AC motors and non-electronic timers are frequency dependant. It pays to check.

create