Wiring for LCD TV

Page 2 of 2

I agree about arguing with the inspector but I though NYC had moved to the NEC and there is no such rule there.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

This was about 1985
--
Best regards
Han

Our local inspector want them ground up also. His story is a paper clip off a desk an lodge in a slot by a poorly inseted plug.
If the ground pin is on top, how will the falling knife touch an energized blade?
When my Dad was a teen, he was running an antenna wire in the cellar of the house. He did manage to drop a bare wire across a two prong plug. Said it was a memorable thing to do.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Once while painting I removed the outlet cover (metal) with a lamp cord plugged in (I needed it to see). Of course the cover fell across the plug prongs and the breaker tripped. I must have been overcome by paint fumes... or that's my defense anyway.
desgnr wrote:

Depends on how you rotate the plug.
--
LSMFT

I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!
LSMFT wrote:

Great answer! In what position does the OP want to be holding the plug when he plugs it in? That's the correct position to install the outlet.

Has anybody also mentioned to install with the outlets facing outward and the wiring in behind?
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 17:02:10 -0500, AZ Nomad wrote:
[snip]

You turn it so the wiring is on the outside and the outlets are facing inward. This is to compensate for the mistake the "intelligent designer" made with out retinas (connections on the front, light sensors on the back).
--
"It's an incredible con job when you think of it, to believe something
now in exchange for life after death. Even corporations with all their
desgnr wrote the following:

Correct position for what reason? The electrons will flow through the outlet no matter what position the outlet is in.

If you primarily use the TV in the 9x16 mode. you get better pictures if it is horizontal Be sure you use one of those gold plated receptacles too.