Wiring for LCD TV

When i install an outlet behind the tv What is the correct position, Verticle or horizontal ?

Reply to
desgnr

*Mount the TV and look in the back to see the best place to locate the outlet as well as the video and audio cables. Sometimes there are templates with the mounts that indicate the best location for the outlet. I usually go vertical.
Reply to
John Grabowski

Depends on which way you want the electricity to come out.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Also, if you install it inside out, like a rolled up sock, the plug will disappear into the wall when plugged in. It will take up less space behind the TV. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"The Daring Dufas" wrote

Kidding aside, if space behind the TV is critical, use a clock receptical

Ed Pawlowski

You read my mind when it wasn't in its warped state. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

This was settled about 2,000 years ago when the rabbinc scholars debated the orientation of the mezuzah on the door posts of a Jewish home. Some sages argued for vertical, others for horizontal.

A compromise was finally reached. Mezuzahs are installed at an angle.

Reply to
HeyBub

I asked one of my Jewish customers if the things kept Jehovah Witnesses away from the door. I haven't seen my Jewish relatives in many years because they live in Yankee land or I would ask them. Will the presence of a Mezuzah repel door to door Christian proselytizers?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Ground pins pointing up.

Reply to
Jeff The Drunk

Depends on how you rotate the plug.

Reply to
LSMFT

desgnr wrote the following:

Correct position for what reason? The electrons will flow through the outlet no matter what position the outlet is in.

Reply to
willshak

If you primarily use the TV in the 9x16 mode. you get better pictures if it is horizontal Be sure you use one of those gold plated receptacles too.

Reply to
gfretwell

Good Gawd.

Reply to
Tony

Tony wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Not funny, that's offically required in New York City. Inspector told me, it was so that if a knife falls on the not quite totally inserted plug, the current will be shorted to ground, and not start a fire.

YMMV

Reply to
Han

Great answer! In what position does the OP want to be holding the plug when he plugs it in? That's the correct position to install the outlet.

Reply to
Tony

Has anybody also mentioned to install with the outlets facing outward and the wiring in behind?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Dunno. They used to show up here and I told them the following story:

Written in Roman (instead of Hebrew) characters, the name of God is YHWH (there are no vowels in Hebrew). When reading the Hebrew text aloud in the synagogue, the Jew speaks the word "Adonai" (lord, master) when he encounters YHWH in the sacred text, much like we say "et cetera" when reading "etc." To avoid taking the name of the Lord in vain, the trick is to never say God's name.

About A.D 200, the Masorites, fearing that the new generation was not learning the holy language, invented vowels for Hebrew. These vowels took the form of diacritical marks above and below the Hebrew letters. When it came to the YHWH business, they Masorites used the vowels for Adonai, since that was what everybody was saying.

Martin Luther, in translating the Hebrew and Greek texts into German did not know the YHWH+Adonai trick, so he wrote the word in the German version of the Bible as "Yahowah."

Using the Luther's German translation, English translators turned "Y" into "J" and "W" into "V" yielding "Jehovah."

Bottom line: "Jehovah" is a completely made up word based on several mistakes. Moses wouldn't know what it meant, Jesus wouldn't know what it meant, and it's possible that when a Jehovah's Witness gets to heaven, St Peter will say "Never heard of you."

I think the Witnesses passed the word around to not bother with my house; it's filled with crazy people.

Reply to
HeyBub

It's entirely possible the OP has crossed swords hanging above his TV.

Reply to
HeyBub

I like rabbis, they're cool and have a fatalistic sense of humor. Southern Baptist preachers usually have a stick so far up their tailpipe that the end of it's that bump you think is their Adam's apple. Catholic priests are funny drunks. I can say this because they're all my cousins. I can pick on family. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yes, my mileage does vary. If a knife falls and shorts out the hot to either ground or neutral, the chances of it starting a fire are probably the same. Not to mention that 99.9999% of the time it will trip the breaker, not start a fire.

Reply to
Tony