Wiring for AC-powered residential smoke detectors

Is there a special wire for AC-powered home smoke detectors that includes a signal wire? Or do you just use 14/3 with ground, and use the red for the signal?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Note: Always follow manufactures instructions, and electrical/fire codes.

When we wire houses, we use 14/3 NM-B (Romex). We also use the red wire as our signal wire.

hth,

tom @

Tom The Great

That is the way it was specified by the manufacturer of mine.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan