Wiring for AC-powered residential smoke detectors

Is there a special wire for AC-powered home smoke detectors that includes a signal wire? Or do you just use 14/3 with ground, and use the red for the signal?
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:18:18 -0500, Richard J Kinch

Note: Always follow manufactures instructions, and electrical/fire codes.
When we wire houses, we use 14/3 NM-B (Romex). We also use the red wire as our signal wire.
hth,
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com
Tom The Great wrote:

That is the way it was specified by the manufacturer of mine.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit