Wiring Fan/Light with Remote Control

is there a way to wire a ceiling fan/light so the wall switches and the remote control the fan/light independently?

i haven't figured out if this is possible - thanks in advance - jim

Reply to
Jim Wheeler

Not that I'm aware of. I'm starting to hate those dang remote fans. We've two of them in my house and if you can't find the remote, the switch is absolutely useless. When the house was built, I installed two switches, one to control the fan and the other to control the light. My wife wanted the remote control fans so now I've an extra switch that does nothing (well, at least until we loose the dang remote and I have to install another fan).

I've not found a model that works independently, I too would be interested in one that did.

JD

Reply to
JD

Check if you have three wires feeding your fan.

If not, the easy way I've found to change over fans and lights operated via a single pole switch, is what Lutron created, New Maestro Fan Controls. They have a receiver so both the fan speed and light level can be operated from an ordinary circuit. So I've been told.

hth,

tom

Reply to
Tom The Great