Wiring electric baseboard

Exactly. So then he moves the goal post and talks about something else.

Agree, he doesn't realize it. Note his insistence that one can't measure the potential of a voltage source without completing the circuit.

+1

I even suggested that he plot V = IR, V vs R on a graph. It's a straight line that goes through the origin.

+1
Reply to
trader_4

+1

+1

Rafters doing calculus that would be something. He also said that

1 squared is sometimes equal to 2. I'm sure you'd like to see that explained too.
Reply to
trader_4

Call it formula or equation, you're still wrong, period. You must have taken quibbling 101 instead of algebra 101.

Reply to
trader_4

OMG, more stupidity.

You posted:

"The natural number one with an exponent of two can equal two under the right circumstances."

An exponent of two is a number raised to the second power. It's the number times itself. Now explain to us how 1 x 1 = 2.

Reply to
trader_4

I agree.

I did find that nostalgic. A trip down memory lane. I remember typing in the demo source from the owners manual to my color computer 3 when I was a kid to do the same thing. [g]

Reply to
Diesel

CQEHBGEREHENBGDYDXDXEEBGCVBGEPDTELBGEHDYDYBGDUDTELDXBVEMDTEE EDEBEGDZBGEHENEMBGEHDYBGEFERBGDTELELBGEPEBEMEABGEKDXELEIDXDV EMANAKEMEHBGELENDZDZDXELEMEBEGDZBGEKENEGEGEBEGDZBGBXBWBVBYBG EMEHBGDYDXDXDWBGEMEADXBGDVEBEKDVENEBEMBGEPEBEMEABGBXBYBVBYBG DYEHEKANAKDVEHEGEGDXDVEMEBEHEGELBGEMEHBGEMEADXBGEADXDTEMDXEK ELBGEHEGBGEMEADXBGDVEBEKDVENEBEMCLANAKANAKDGEADXBGEKDXDTELEH EGBGCVBGELENDZDZDXELEMDXDWBGBXBWBVBYBGDYEHEKBGEMEADXBGDYDXDX DWBGEBEGBGEIEEDTDVDXBGEHDYBGBXBYBVBYBGEPDTELANAKEMEHBGEIEKEH EOEBDWDXBGEFEHEKDXBGEOEHEEEMDTDZDXBGEMEHBGDXDTDVEABGEADXDTEM DXEKBSBGEKDXDWENDVDXBGEOEHEEEMDTDZDXBGEEEHELELBSANAKDTEGDWBG EKDXDWENDVDXBGDXEQDVDXELELBGEADXDTEMBGDZDXEGDXEKDTEMDXDWBGDU ERBGEKDXELEBELEMDTEGDVDXBGEHEGBGEMEADXBGEPEBEKDXBGEPEADXEGAN AKEMEADXBGDWDXEOEBDVDXBOELBPBGDTEKDXBGEBEGBGENELDXBUBGENEIEM EHBGDTEGDWBGEBEGDVEEENDWEBEGDZBGDTEEEEBGEHDYBGEMEADXEFBGEPEB EMEAANAKEMEADXBGDYENEEEEBGEEEHDTDWBGEHEGBGEMEADXBGDVEBEKDVEN EBEMBUANAKANAKCNEEEMEAEHENDZEABGDTEMBGBXCABUCCDTEFEIELBSBGEM EADXBGBYBWDTEFEIBGDVEBEKDVENEBEMBGEBELBGEGDXDTEKEEERBGDTEMBG CEBWBLANAKDVDTEIDTDVEBEMERBSBGDTBGBXBWBVBYBGEPEBEKDXBGEPEHEN EEDWEGBNEMBGDUDXBGDTEGDWBGELEHBGELEAEHENEEDWEGBNEMBGDZDXEMBG DTEEEEBGEMEADTEMANAKEPDTEKEFBGDTEGDWBGELEAEHENEEDWBGEADTEODX BGEGEHBGEMEKEHENDUEEDXBGDWDXEEEBEODXEKEBEGDZBGDTEEEFEHELEMBG DTEEEEBGEHDYBGEMEADXANAKDTEODTEBEEDTDUEEDXBGEOEHEEEMDTDZDXBG DYEKEHEFBGEMEADXBGELEHENEKDVDXBGEMEHBGEMEADXBGEEDTELEMBGEADX DTEMDXEKBGEHEGBGEMEADXANAKDVEBEKDVENEBEMBUBGCNEFBGCVBGEPEKEH EGDZBGEBEGBGEMEAEBELBGEEEBEGDXBGEHDYBGEMEAEBEGEDEBEGDZCLANAK

Reply to
Diesel

Diesel formulated on Wednesday :

Complex infinity (the result from the Wolfram calculator) is not the same as infinity (or infininity whatever that is). It actually means undefined or unknown. So it is correct, not incorrect as claimed by the poster you are responding to.

That is to say it was actually in agreement with Doug Miller and myself, and he just didn't realize it. For what it's worth. :)

Reply to
FromTheRafters

I didn't say that there was. What I said was that the meter completed the circuit and the measurement was taken from the 'voltage drop' across the internal resistance of the meter.

Maybe for your discussion, but not for mine. Voltage can exist without current and current can exist without voltage, but 'voltage drop' requires current and resistance and Ohm's Law works under those conditions no matter how close to zero they get without actually being zero.

I agree with that statement. But you can't measure 'voltage drop' without current going through the device which is responsible for it.

Sure, if you say so. But I don't stick to the shallow end of the pool like you do. You should stop trying to put words in my mouth so I won't feel as if I should respond, it makes you look like a troll. :)

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Diesel brought next idea :

CVBGEADTEODXBGEGEHBGEBDWDXDTBGDTEMBGDTEEEEBGDTELBGCVBNEFBGEG EHEMBGEPDXEEEEBGEODXEKELDXDWBGEBEGBGEMEADTEMBGDTEKDXDTBUBGCZ ERBGEIENEKEIEHELDXBGEBEGBGECEHEBEGEBEGDZBGEBEGBGDTEMBGDTEEEE BGEPDTELBGDUDXDVDTENELDXBGDZDYEKDXEMEPDXEEEEBGDTEGDWBGEMEKDT DWDXEKDRCABGDTEKDXBGDTEEEPDTERELBGEMEKEHEEEEEBEGDZBGDTEGDWBG CVBGEPDTEGEMDXDWBGEMEHBGDXEGEMDXEKEMDTEBEGBGEMEADXEFBUBGCVBG DYEBDZENEKDXDWBGEMEADXERBGEPEHENEEDWBGDTELELENEFDXBGCVBGEPDT ELBGDWDXDYDXEGDWEBEGDZBGEREHENBGDTEGDWBGECENEFEIBGEHEGBGEFDX BUBGCVBGEADTDWBGEGEHBGEBDWDXDTBGEMEADTEMBGEHEMEADXEKELBGEPEH ENEEDWBGECEHEBEGBGEBEGBGEPEADXEGBGCVBGELDTEBDWBGEMEADXBGEIEH ELEMBGDUERBGCNEEBGCTDXDUEKDTBGEPDTELBGEPEKEHEGDZBGBICVEGBGCZ ERBGDBEIEBEGEBEHEGBIBGDUDXDVDTENELDXBGEMEADXBGDWDXDYEBEGEBEM EBEHEGBGEHDYBGBIDIEHEEEMDTDZDXBGCQEKEHEIBIBGEPDTELBGEMEBDXDW BGEMEHBGDBEAEFBNELBGCYDTEPBGDTEGDWBGDVENEKEKDXEGEMBGEFENELEM BGDUDXBGDYEEEHEPEBEGDZBGDTDVEKEHELELBGDTBGEKDXELEBELEMDTEGDV DXBGDYEHEKBGEMEADXEKDXBGEMEHBGDUDXBGDTEGERBGBNEOEHEEEMDTDZDX BGDWEKEHEIBNANAKANAKCWENELEMBGDTELBGELEHEFDXBGEIDXEHEIEEDXBG EDEGEHEPBGEAEHEPBGEMEHBGEPEHEKEDBGEPEBEMEABGDVEHEFEIENEMDXEK ELBGDTEGDWBGDZDXEMBGEMEADXBGDYDTEEELDXBGEBEFEIEKDXELELEBEHEG BGEMEADTEMBGEMEADXERBGEDEGEHEPBGEAEHEPBGDVEHEFEIENEMDXEKELBG EPEHEKEDBSBGELEHEFDXBGEIDXEHEIEEDXBGEPEHEKEDBGEPEBEMEABGEFDT EMEABGDTEGDWBGDZDXEMBGEMEADXBGDYDTEEELDXBGEBEFEIEKDXELELEBEH EGBGEMEADTEMBGEMEADXERBGEDEGEHEPBGEAEHEPBGEFDTEMEABGEPEHEKED ELBUBGDGEADXELDXBGDTEKDXBGEHDYEMDXEGBGDVDTEEEEDXDWBGBNDXEGDZ EBEGDXDXEKELBNBSBGCYDBCYBUBGCOEHEMEMEHEFBGEEEBEGDXBSBGCVBNEF BGECENELEMBGEMEKEHEEEEEBEGDZBGBOCVBNEFBGELEHBGDTELEADTEFDXDW BPBGDTEGDWBGCVBGDWEHENDUEMBGDTEGEREHEGDXBGEMEADXEKDXBGENEGDW DXEKELEMDTEGDWELBGEMEADXBGDWEBELDVENELELEBEHEGBGDTEGEREPDTER BUANAKANAKCVBGEIEKDXELENEFDXBGEREHENBGDWDXDVEHDWDXDWBGEMEADX BGDUEEEHDUBGEBEGBGEFERBGELEBDZEGDTEMENEKDXBGDUEEEHDVEDBGEBEG BGEMEAEBELBGEFDXELELDTDZDXBGCZCVCQBGCIEGEBEBBWCBEHBKEACCDTBK BXCMEGDXEPELBUDTEEDUDTELDTEGEBBUEGDXEMCKBGELEBEGDVDXBGEREHEN BGEKDXELEIEHEGDWDXDWBGDTEGDWBGEJENEHEMDXDWBGEBEMBGBODTEFBGCV BGDUDXEBEGDZBGEIEKDXELENEFEMENEHENELCLBPANAKANAKCQEBDWBGEREH ENBGDYEBEGDWBGEFERBGEIEHELEMELBGEBEGBGDTEGERBGEPDTERBGBNDXEG EMDXEKEMDTEBEGEBEGDZBNCLBGCVEGBGEMEADXBGDXEGEMDXEKEMDTEBEGEF DXEGEMBGDUENELEBEGDXELELBGEMEADXERBGEHDYEMDXEGBGELDTERBGBICT EBEODXBGEMEADXEFBGEPEADTEMBGEMEADXERBGEPDTEGEMBIBUANAKANAKDL EHENEKBGDYEKEBDXEGDWEEERBGBODTEGDWBGDXEKEKDTEMEBDVBPBGEGDXEB DZEADUEHEKEAEHEHDWBGEBDWEBEHEMBSBGDEDTDYEMDXEKBU

My apologies for posting this, but he started it.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

I didn't say 1x1=2, and you would not understand what I meant if I told you, so I won't even attempt to do it.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Which implies that completion of the circuit is necessary to be able to measure the voltage source, hence my reply. If you're not implying that, what's the point of bringing it up at all? More FUD like bringing up calculus when you can't do simple math?

See, I was right, you do want to go off into more nits, when the real problem here is that you think V = IR, with I=0 somehow involves division. And that you can't recognize that when an equation like that gives a value of zero, the zero has meaning. Often in science and engineering the zero results are among the most interesting, that solve the problem, etc.

Voltage can exist without

And Ohm's Law works at zero too. I've asked 6 times now, have you drawn a graph of Ohm's Law, plotted, I vs V? You get a straight line, it goes right through the origin.

That's like saying you can't measure the speed of your car, without the car moving. The rest of us recognize that as a speed of ZERO.

Assignment for a grade school student. Keep a tabulation of the speed of a car while dad is driving, record the observations every minute. What speed entry do you make when the time for an observation occurs when the car is stopped at a light? The rest of us would put in zero. You? Apparently you'd argue that the speed is "undefined" because to make that entry would require division by zero.

Next assignment, calculate the average speed using those recorded measurements. We'd take all the tabulated entries, add them up and divide by the number of entries. Let's say there were ten. We have

35, 42, 47, 0, 40, 50, 30, 0

We get (35+42+47+0+40+50+30+0)/8 as the answer

WTF do you get? Speed is undefined because the car is not moving, right?

(35+ 42+47+undefined+40+50+30+undefined)/8 So, answer is undefined?

(35+42+47+40+50+30)/6 ?

That's the screwy world you're living in.

If anyone is a troll, it's you. It's been a long time since we've seen a total moron here like you. BTW, we're all still waiting for you to explain how 1 squared can be 2 sometimes, another one of your claims.

Reply to
trader_4
[snip]

I found an alternate universe (SC.777777777776) where 1 squared is equal to 2, but only on Tuesdays when the 2 is light pink. No one can live there, and it's dangerous to visit. There's a significant probability of your brain unexpectedly becoming 0 brains.

Reply to
hah

Correcti " Let's say there were ten. "

That should be eight.

Reply to
trader_4

  1. make a square 1 unit on each side

  1. measure the diagonal. If this is 2, stop taking drugs and go to step 5

  2. hold by the other 2 corners (other than the ones you're measuring between)

  1. squeeze until measurement becomes 2

  2. say you're doing advanced math, and only you understand it
Reply to
hah
[snip]

I found

which MAY be of some help.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

It's right up Rafter's ally. This is a legitimate case where dividing by zero is done and it produces an error. Unfortunately it doesn't prove that 1 squared can be 2. Or that V =IR is invalid when I=0.

Reply to
trader_4