Wiring amperage question

Page 3 of 3  

wrote:

I notice: (a) you snipped everything I wrote about Gore's lies, and (b) you weren't able to provide any evidence of Limbaugh's alleged lies. Odd.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Doug,
Not so odd. I learned years ago that when someone tells me that another person has never told "one" lie that there was no point talking about evidence or trying to disprove them. I used to be astounded that anyone would even talk like that, but not anymore.
Your very perceptive, I only posted what was relevent to me, besides, you're right, I'm sure Gore has lied more than once.
Mark

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I don't want to speak for Doug, but I for one constantly hear about Rush's lies and distortions, and I believe ,usually by people that never listened to him. The man backs up virtually everything he says, and gives his sources of the information. If you or anyone else has any information to the contrary, I'd love to hear it, too.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I didn't say Limbaugh "never told one lie" -- I asked you to produce evidence that he had.
I see you still haven't been able to do so.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Which just goes to show that you aren't interested in truth or lies, or really Limbaugh or Gore, just that you're a good, no let me rephrase that, prolific talker, and you are.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

That's pretty funny, really. You *still* can't back up your claim, so now you've turned to making ad hominem comments to try to change the subject.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Doug,
Ad hominem, wow, had to look that one up. I'm impressed with your vocabulary, but not your choices. Using Rush Limbaugh, a talk show personality who's only purpose is to slam other people to increase his ratings to slam someone who has devoted years to public service, has an excellent track record in the military and actually served in the military and in politics, is a no brainer. "Any ass can kick down a barn, who can build one."
Limbaugh never served in the military
http://www.snopes.com/military/limbaugh.htm
or politics, or served his country in any way other than to mock and scorn others that have served. I'm not one of those people that believe all politicians are bad, corrupt, or on the take...on the contrary, serving a public that comes at you from all angles is the toughest arena anyone could possibly be in.
I can come up with links to justify my position by doing a simple Google search on "Limbaugh" and pick the ones that back up my own point of view/or your point of view.
But when it comes to "Who walked the walk and who talked the talk" the score is:
Limbaugh: talk Gore: Walk
Ad hominem-no, clever twist of words, you can Google all you want, quote Limbaugh and his sources all you want, but in my mind Limbaugh is a crybaby, sissy, Gore is a man. Has Gore misspoke, done wrong things...absolutely, when you put your neck on the line it is bound to happen. Is he better/worse than Reagan, Clinton, ahh, now we're getting to some meat.
Being willing to play the fool (and I don't mean playing the clown) is a true test of leadership. Has Gore been a fool? At times yes.
Now I go back to your original quotes

Pretty evident to me that this is just an oratorical exercise for you, like Limbaugh, master (and he is) of oratory, but if his oratory is not attached to a specific cause it is empty.
Sorry, this doesn't have anything to do with "aluminum" or "copper" and I'll do my best not to reply and waist bandwidth, but this was one of those "button pushers" for me.
Doug, thanks for the repartee
Mark

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Kram wrote: SNIP

And Fox News only broadcasts after it gets approval from the RNC...
Serving your country does not mean you have to get elected or be given a seat in congress or one of the lesser offices or even serve in the military. Rush provides a service to millions of americans everyday. Just because you don't like the service he provides and probably think that you are intellectually superior to the millions of people that do like the service doesn't mean he isn't contributing something.
Yes, Rush is harsh and condescending at times but so are Harry Reid and Tom Tancredo. Does that mean they aren't providing a service?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
says...

Gore is proven repeat liar. His military "service" was as a journalist.

I never said he did -- where did that come from?

You obviously don't listen to Limbaugh's program. He has nothing but the greatest respect and admiration for those who wear this nation's uniform, but he reserves his contempt and scorn for those, like Gore and Kerry, who hide behind it.

Fine -- do so. You keep saying that. Now prove it.

Sorry, you have that one backwards.

And I see you *still* haven't been able to point to even one lie told by Limbaugh. I cited three of Gore's.

In other words -- you find yourself still unable to back up your claims, so you're outta here.
Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Doug Miller wrote:

Now, don't be silly. Please try learning something before repeating such things. Why don't we see what Vint Cerf has to say about Al Gore's contribution to the internet, hm? Or maybe wonder why Gore got a Webby, wherein they stated they "will present former Vice President Al Gore with The Webby Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of the pivotal role he has played in the development of the internet over the past three decades." If any current politician in the U.S. that can make any claim to having helped create the internet, Al Gore is about as close as it gets.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Not to put too fine a point on it, that's a bunch of crap. The internet already existed before Gore was ever elected to Congress.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I'm a little confused. What's this got to do with wiring amperage, again?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 00:51:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

He didn't say that either. You've been misled.

Within 15 minutes of the first time I listened to Limbaugh, he came up with false numbers about how much Mitch Snyder was spending on his projects in DC. He must have taken the total amount per year and divided by 12 because the number he announced for the daily expenditure was about 30 times too high. Instead of considering that he might have made a mistake in arithmetic, instead of checking his arithmetic, he labelled Mitch Snyder as a cheat or embezzler. Mitch Snyder accomplished more good every week than Limbaugh has done in his whole life. Because Limbaugh didnt' take any calls, there was no one to correct him. His fans probably just believe everything he says anyhow.
Limbaugh is a runt who routinely sells out America for (high ratings and therefore) a high salary.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yes, he did. No, I haven't.
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system. "
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

First, learn to distinguish between lies and mistakes. Second, where's your evidence that his figures were wrong anyway?
The statements I cited above by Gore are *lies* -- false statements made, *knowing* that they are false. He couldn't possibly have truly believed, for example, that he "took the initiative in creating the internet".
Limbaugh's may or may not have been. You haven't provided any evidence, beyond your own claim, that his figures were even incorrect. On the whole, I'm inclined to believe Limbaugh, rather than Mitch Synder, because Mitch Snyder is a proven liar -- his claims about the number of homeless people dying every day were not even remotely close to reality.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That's plural: "Internets"
-- Oren
"Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens constantly."
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Only if it's copper wire.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.