Wiring a Zone Valve

My original post disappeared, so I am posting a new one:-
Dave wrote:

One pair runs the motor that drives the valve itself. The other is a limit switch contact that shorts when the valve is fully operated.
The motor pair, the thermostat and the transformer are hooked in a series circuit. The transformer will be used with several zones.
All the limit switches are hooked in parallel and used to operate a relay that controls furnace/boiler and the circulator pump. Note the relay has its on internal transformer so the zone valve switches are all low voltage.
Sorry if that's not clear. -------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks Stubby for your great info. It seems that the relay itself has a transformer. Do I use the power from this to connect to the motor/Thermostat series?
Thanks, D.
No, you'll find a separate 24 volt 40 va transformer to power the zone valve. Also, if you have multiple circulators on the boiler, you'll have several relays as well, and your red wires will go to the TT terminals of the relay that powers that valve's circulator

you must lookup your particular zone valve amke and model such as this example at:
http://giveme5.honeywell.com/Product/5000ZoneValve/95C-10932.pdf

Most valves have a wiring diagram printed right on the power head.....
Hello Guys, Thanks very much for all the help. It finally worked!!!
Thanks again! D