wiring 4 pot lights in a circuit

after running the 14/2 wire for 4 50w halogen pot lights in series on 1 switch on a 15A breaker, I installed 1 pot light with a dimmer switch. This worked wonderfully well and I can dim the 1 pot light with the installed dimmer switch. After I installed the remaining 3 pot lights, the 4 pot lights dimmed even if the dimmer switch was not lowered down. What could have caused the lights to go very dim and cannot be controlled by the dimmer ?
On Aug 17, 2:11 am, snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

I would first bypass the switch and see if the lights still dim. If they don't, sounds like a bad switch.
If the lights still dim even after bypassing the switch, then is it possible you wired thses lights in series rather than in parallel?

Could be, since he says "in series" in the first line. :)
If you in fact did wire the lights in series, that would do it

You may have them wired in series