Wiring 2 switches to an outlet.

Ok , here's the scenario , I have a middle of the run outlet and I want to run 2 switches that will run 2 different light fixtures. Is this possible? If so ....How?

Thanks.

Reply to
Pelletier

YES

Take power from the outlet and bring it to each switch, Or you can bring the power from the outlet to switch one and then from switch one to switch two. Then run a wire from the switches to the lights. DONE.

P.S. Of course this depends on how many outlets or devices are already feeding off this power. Here 12 is the max allowed. I suggest calling a friend who knows basic electrical, your obviously not skilled in this area.

Reply to
HotRdd

Of course you need to remove the link between the halves of the outlet first to make the switches work independently.

Reply to
John McGaw

he wasn't clear about whether he wanted a switched outlet, or just to pull power from the outlet.

Steve Barker

I was looking to pull power from the outlet.

Reply to
Pelletier

-- I was looking to pull power from the outlet.

How does "I have a middle of the run outlet" enter into this? Perhaps we need a little more detail.

Based on the wording in your post, I had assumed you wanted to split the receptacle and switch each one separately (e.g. for plug in lamps) but needed to ensure that power still continued on to the downstream outlets.

What exactly do you want to do and how does this outlet enter into it?

Reply to
DerbyDad03