Wires on desktop question

Putting in a new counter top, on a built in desk. Walls on back and sides. Old top had a large hole to run wires down to the computer, power, etc. I would like to leave the top approx. 1 inches away from back wall to easily drop wires down. Im looking for some suggestions on a material to fill that gap? Something like foam or rubber that could easily be slit, and a wire could be fed thru it. Any suggestions?
Thanks TP
Greetings,
The best material for this space is a very course thick bristles like are used in tooth brushes. The bristles should stop something from falling through the crack but be flexible enough to force a wire through by hand.
Hope this helps, William

Yes, I agree a bristle would be best. I have seen that in company conference room tables. I haven't been able to locate any place that sells only the bristle strips. Suppose I could buy a wide broom and rip it on the table saw... :-)
William Deans wrote:

TP wrote:

You can get full length brushes similar to the brush grommmet shown here.
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/search_results.cfm?cookietest=1&filter=comp uter&objectgroup_id
-- dadiOH ____________________________
Subject: Wires on desktop question Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => TP <= wrote:>Putting in a new counter top, on a built in desk. Walls on back

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id $6821
--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email
TP wrote:

Go to the insulation section of the DIY store and see what you can find. Don't overlook the foam used for window air conditioners.
BTW I like William's suggestion. The DIY store may not have it, but a good builder supply may be able to help
Look at the garage door section. They need to seal things that wide.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Joseph Meehan wrote:

The op might also want to look at the formed water pipe insulation tubes which can be cut any way one desires. Really handy stuff. I put one between the cab and bed of my previous pickup to cutout road noise that seemed to rise directly from the road and into the sliding rear window when the camper was on.
TP appears, somewhat unbelievably, to have opined:

Jere's one that's 12 inches long. I guess you could combine several.....
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&offerings_idS86
--
I sent ten puns to all my friends hoping that at least one
would make them laugh.