Wires contacts with plastic sheets/insulations, bad?

I am put wires in my basements. A may need to have wires be put in contact with plastic sheet and insulation because of tight space. Will that wires get hot enough to cause problems like melt the plastic paper? The wires involved as 14/2 and 12/2s.
Thanks.
Y.
If they get that hot, you have other problems that'll make themselves apparent REAL fast.

contact
hot
and

1) Only if you put too much current on the wiring (ie: using oversize breakers).
2) If possible, you should try to avoid total burial in insulation, but that's really only a concern under (1).
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est