Wireless TV Interface

Like Gfre just posted, if it strictly video it's 1 for composite, 3 for component. If you include the audio cables too, then it's 3 and 5.

Reply to
trader_4

Doesn't the Tivo have to be at the point where there is cable, ie the closet? And then Tivo connects to the TV via HDMI, so I don't see how that solves anything?

Reply to
trader_4

+1
Reply to
trader_4

As long as there is room to be able to crawl, doesn't sound so bad to me. For a limited operation like that you can just support yourself joist to joist. Or get a length of plywood, lay it across. The insulation on top makes it a little more difficult, I'm assuming that is extra that was added on top. If so, you can probably just roll it back, do the work, put it back. You already have the holes drilled for the existing cables. Should be pretty straightforward.

Reply to
trader_4
[snip]

If you don't have stereo, its 2 and 4.

Then, it could be (but probably isn't) composite video and an optical audio cable.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Reply to
gfretwell

Make sure the wood you place across the joists Can support your weight. It's no fun if it breaks while you Are standing on it. Don't ask me how I know this.

Reply to
makolber

I made up some 1x12s with cleats that lock into the truss chords. (26" long with the cleats at 22.5"). Those are easy to move around in areas that do not have nailed in flooring and you can slide one out in front of you, pull the trailing one behind if you are in a very low part of the attic. We have 2:12s and 3:12s here that are only 4 or 5' high at the peak.

Reply to
gfretwell