Wireless thermostats and older boilers

Hi,

Will this wireless thermostat

work with my older style boiler which is controlled by two wires.

Thanks!

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Fude

It should work but if you live where low temps could freeze pipes, and you often leave for a few days or more I would worry that transmission cold be lost from low battery or interference. Or your boiler [boilers heat water] wont turn on, or wont turn off when you are gone. Honywell and others are known reliable, some new cheaper stuff is not. You dont know how reliable this new chinese thing is and you have no way of finding out. Wireless takes more battery power. wireless is more likely to have a malfunction someday, if you are home its no big deal but if its -20 and you are 1000 miles away and the boiler wont shut off or turn on.

Reply to
ransley