Wireless thermostat

Hi, I would like to install a wireless thermostat. Does anybody here have any experience or thoughts on these that would help me? A quick web search turned up this item which seems to be exactly what I am looking for: http://www.smarthome.com/30403.Html Before I shell out the $300 I thought I'd see if anybody here has some words of advice. The reason I am considering this is that I heat the upper two floors of my split-level with a wood stove and I want to be able to have the thermostat on the lower two floors in the winter and upstairs in the summer. I have manual dampers in the trunklines so I can send the heat only to the basement in the winter and the AC only to the upstairs in the summer. The basement stays cool without AC in the summer. The wireless approach seems perfect and easy since the reciever just wires directly into the existing circuit by replacing the current conventional thermostat. Any thoughts? Don
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Only thought is that it would be a lot cheaper to just add a second conventional thermostat and parallel it with the existing one. Just set the one you don't want active to "off" and it will work just fine. If you upgrade to motorized dampers you can fully zone.
Pete C.
Thanks Pete. That's good advice. I'll see if I can fish some wires through to a convenient place. Part of the problem is we have plaster walls and its not easy getting wires where you want them. I'll probably stay with the manual dampers though since I am a big fan of fewer moving parts.

Buy extra batteries for the thermostat. [The wireless thermostats go through batteries quickly.]
--
Zyp