Wireless Phones

I have a two-line ATT phone that is located on the second floor about 30 feet away. I have four remote units downstairs. I lose the signal no matter which phone I use where. Would extenders and every room help the situation?
On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 1:24:58 PM UTC-4, Nonie Stager wrote:

I'd just buy another phone system. You can get one for $50, I guess 2 lines may be more. If it doesn't work, take it back.
On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 10:24:54 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
Did you try and put the base downstairs and one of the remotes upstairs? FWIW

matter which phone I use where. Would extenders and every room help the situation?
On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 10:24:54 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

These are called cordless phones, even though wires are very much like cords.
Trader's right,extenders would cost as much as a new phone. Mine is 5.8MHz, the phone is on the second floor but the extension works fine in the basement and maybe 100 feet away from the house.
When i moved here, before cell phones, I had hopes a cordless phone would work at the swimming pool, which is 350 feet away but that's out of the question I think
(I think there might maybe be a higher frequency yet. High goes through walls better.)

Some antennas are moderately directional. Try tipping one or two antenna horizontal, just for grins and giggles.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

You should be able to go more than 30 feet. I can easily go 75 feet with no loss probably more but I never tried. For the price of extenders you can buy a new phone system. Yours sounds defective.
On 6/6/2016 8:37 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I just replaced my 5.8MHz with a Panasonic DECT 6.0 unit with many bells and whistles. I especially wanted the call blocking, which works very well. It, with 4 total handsets was about $110. It does not have 2 lines. To get 2 lines with the call blocking cost almost triple. So I still have a hand me down (from my wife's employer), Uniden DECT 6.0 2 line unit for the 2 landlines .... yes we are dinosaurs, but the 2nd landline was a freebee perk from the telco. Anyway, the new phone works at huge distances, like 300 feet. The 5.8 couldn't do that and neither could that older Uniden. But at least the 2 DECT 6 units play well together and don't interfere with each other. Anyway, I use the 2nd landline for receiving and sending Faxes and occasionally, when the main line is busy, as a 2nd talking line. Also, Panasonic has a DECT 6 extender, but I certainly don't need it.
On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 7:43:35 AM UTC-5, Art Todesco wrote:

Our last 2 units have been Panasonic. DECT 6 with Blutooth (2 Cell phones) and 6 handsets. Even without a landline, you can use it "like" one. I agree with Ed...range is at least a half block.
On 06/07/2016 07:43 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
[snip]

I've done the same, and make use of call blocking. It'd be even more useful if it'd block by caller ID NAME as well. Then it'd block the numerous junk calls from "TOLL FREE CALL" (different numbers).
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

What is the internal construction of your building? 30 ft is achievable with even a BT earpiece!
Also, what type of phone (carrier technology)? Are you sure there isn't something ACTIVELY interfering with it?
Our (inexpensive) Panny cordless will easily work anywhere in the house or yard. The EnGenius cordless handsets will work to 1/4 mi or more (I can carry them while walking around the subdivision and send/receive calls through it's "base station" in the house; depending on which part of the subdivision in which I am located, I can do this up to 1/2 mi from the house).
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Your current setup may be using a frequency that is common to some other wireless device in the neighborhood. Look in the owner's manual and see if there is a way to change channels.
Fred