Wireless doorbell that does NOT ring when the power comes on

Is there such a thing as a wireless doorbell that does NOT ring when the power comes on? I have a Heath Zenith that works well except that whenever the power comes on it rings so that if the power goes off for a second and then comes back on at night it wakes me up. Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
I give my child a substance that he absolutely LOVES.
He sniffs it, snorts it, eats it and rolls around on

H-Z also makes battery operated wireless doorbells.

Catnip?
--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67

Your power seems unreliable? If it goes off that frequently does it affect your computer? Or if you have a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) for the computer connect the receiving unit of the doorbell (I presume the unit at the door is dry battery operated to avoid wiring?) to that source of AC! Then it won't have to reset when power comes back on. However having to get up and check around after an extensive power outage may be good insurance? Power outages are infrequent here despite winter storms etc. however we have two UPS for our three computers, powered by second-hand truck batteries. We also have a couple of emergency lights wired off the truck batteries just in case someone, say a young person, gets caught in the bathroom (no windows) if power goes off. Idea anyway.
I have one labeled "DIMANGO by Lamson home products" that is silent when power comes on. It was the cheapest one I could find. Single tone. One door button. http://www.lamson-home.com/sd-cgi/hsrun.hse/LHPCatalog/weblhp/StateId/CDU-s1u6stxR2N8ocbqjmtRVV3NFq-U-NS/HAHTpage/HS_products?sku %
I once had a heath/zenith wireless lamp switch that did that. It came on at every power drop out. It quickly got thrown in the trash. as did the Vtech telephone that beeped during power failures. I also have a grudge against UPS' that beep during power outages (seems to be all of them). For heavens sake, I know I am having a power failure. Why does every appliance I have have to shout it out? DId I mention the CO detector beeps on power drops too? Oh dear...now I'm all worked up.....can't sleep....the incessant beeping...aaarrrgghhh....

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:53:27 GMT, Daniel Prince

Mine dont ring when the power comes on. I dont know the brand, but I got it cheap and at Walmart. I live on a farm, and the power is always being interrupted for some weird reason.

Our wireless doorbell has a receiver/chime which is also battery operated. Obviously, it doesn't ring when the power goes off/comes back on. Battery life has been good. It's been install over two years and the original battery still works.
--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b
Mine is made by Heath Co. Picked it up at Lowes. I think it has been 3 years now and it only chimes when the outside button is pressed. We get power interruptions. Model SL-6166-RX-A made in China. Plays Westminster or Ding-Dong.

Mine is Model SL-6166-TI. I will have to look for a model RX-A.