Wire type to use for recessed light?

Wiring Recessed Lighting in/from Insulated Attic
What wiring to use (Bx/Romex or Conduit?)
2 of the upper rooms in our home need some more lighting. Each room already has recessed lighting installed. I'd like to tap power off the lights already installed in the room to power the new recessed lights.
I've purchased recessed cans for insulated areas (applicable for direct contact with insulation). Can I use Romex to run from the existing can lights to the new cans? Or should I really be using conduit or flexible conduit instead? The installation will be performed from the attic.
Code issues? I know I cannot be advised specifically on the code in my area (IL), but generally speaking, I want to be sure I remain within code.
Thanks, Jeff
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
Jeff Hildenbrandt wrote:

Also check the instructions with the lamps as they sometimes include minimum heat capability for the wire, make sure whatever you use meets those specifications.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit