Wire mesh for 'crete repair

My porch steps had a stone facing that has fallen apart in places (the steps themselves are sound) I was told I could remove the remaining stone facing and apply concrete over wire mesh (attached with masonry nails). What do I use for the mesh.... Hardware cloth (1/4"? 1/2") ? Thanks.
LV
Larry wrote:

Hi, Stucco wire? Tony