Wire for fluorescent fixture

I'm not certain but you can generally buy a lot of different wire by the foot at Lowe's or HD. I'm not sure if they carry 18 ga or not. Barring that, you could try a supply house but I doubt they'll sell to you by the foot. Any reason for not using 14 ga which might be a bit more avail? Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

I am rewiring a 4 foot fixture for T8 lamps using a new ballast. Any one know a source for 18AWG solid wire, 600V and 105C rated that I can get by the foot. I don't mind ordering over the phone and am in no huge rush to get done. Being able to get yellow, red and blue would be a plus. I don't want to buy a 500ft role :).

ps I do have the wire on the old ballasts, but I have new lamp sockets and would like to keep the old ballast/wiring/socket set together for a spare for shop lamps (were I don't mind the buzzing and flickering light so much) and to make that job a little easier if ever needed..

Thanks Kevin

Reply to
Kevin G

I always cut the old wire close to the old ballast. The new ballast has leads on them so it is just a matter of splicing the colors together. You can use stranded. I have never seen solid wire that small sold by the foot.

Reply to
SQLit