Wire fence install

Looking to install some standard 2"x3" welded wire utility fence. A couple quick questions.

First how deep do I need to sink the posts? (Do I need 6' posts for 4' fence or 5' posts?) How far apart on the posts?

Any input and opnions would be great

Thanks

Reply to
nobody

If you have sandy soil, then I suggest you sink 3 feet and cement the bottom.

If you are in bedrock, then 18 inches will me way more than enough and plan on half a day of chiseling per hole. Cement the post so it doesn't catch water.

Reply to
DK