winterizing above ground pool help needed

Last year was my first time experience with winterizing above ground pool. I spent more time keeping water and leaves out of the cover than maintaining a pool during summer. I was wondering why cant I set up some sort of a pole on a plastic stand in the center of the pool to create something similar to a tent so that rain and leaves would fall off the cover. This is impossible to achieve with the air pillows because there is always area that collects water. Anybody has any advice on how to accomplish what I am trying to do. Thanks for help.

cover the pool with a good leaf cover--No leaves, no water to pump off the cover. ==
how do you control a water level?

On 27 Jul 2003 07:03:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@carlsonsolutions.com (grumpy) wrote:

With a siphon device.
Make a horizontal S shape out of tubing. Insert a coat hanger wire inside to make it keep its shape.
Hook one of the curves in the S over the edge of the pool. The other curve will be outside and the position of the end of the tube will be your level. You must prime the siphon first.