Winterizing a pressure washer

I'm going to be storying my pressure washer outdoors in a shed during the winter. Will there be a problem with this? Will freezing water breaking anything inside? If so, what do I do to prevent that? Thanks.
46erjoe wrote:

    I believe most recommend that you pour an antifreeze solution into the pump when storing such units. Supposedly it not only prevents damage due to freezing, but stops corrosion. At least that is what my unit recommends.
I wouldnt use normal green antifreeze, they make one that is pink (and in a clear bottle) and used in rv's etc. My manual stated something different about the two in the pink stuff was the way to go. I will look to see what the differences were.
Tom
46erjoe wrote:

You should run out the gas or use Sta-bil.
You must winterize the pump. Purchase RV antifreeze or Windshield antifreeze solvent. Rig a funnel to the water input of the washer. With ignition off slowly crank the engine/pump until you see the antifreeze come out of the outlet. You are done.
If it freezes the pump is toast and must be rebuilt . Run 50/50 propylene glycol through it unless the manufacturer has his own mix 46erjoe wrote:

Blue water works fine also. That's what we use since we use the pressure washer daily all winter. Just pump bluewater through it, and good to go. It's the cheapest solution.
--
Steve Barker

"46erjoe" < snipped-for-privacy@spamless.net> wrote in message
we use stabil in the gas, take the pressure line off and blow the water out of it. pour anti freeze into the pump and spin it over till it comes out the other side. ..... or you could just run it with antifreeze till it comes out the pressure hose.i would also look at the oil in the pump to be sure its not milky with water.change if necc. lucas

Whatever you do, do not use ethylene glycol as the antifreeze. (green)
Why not? Do tell.
--
Steve Barker

< snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net> wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:09:16 -0600, "Steve Barker LT"
Ethylene glycol is corrosive and can damage the pump. RV antifreeze is not corrosive and additionally lubricates the pump.
That is bullshit. What do you think is in your car?!?! We've treated the pressure washer where I work on occasion (when the people doing didn't know any cheaper) with automotive antifreeze. It can't hurt it.
--
Steve Barker

< snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net> wrote in message

Rust, and plenty of it in the cooling passages. (ethylene glycol)

Tell that to pump manufacturers.