Winterizing

I just had my gutters cleaned, and the roofer said my roof needs winterized. I never heard of such a thing.
I asked him what it entails. He said they blow off all loose debris, and pour a solution over the entire surface to keep it from becoming brittle.
Google is no help. Is he pulling my leg, trying to sell me snake oil?
On 10/27/2013 4:26 PM, Erma L. wrote:

I've not heard of this. I'd be suspicious. Ask to see the solution containers, and then look up the ingredients on the computer. Or call a roofing place and ask about it.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I have sprayed semi leaking roofs. Water shedding is a good thing. Prevent getting brittle, probably not. Cleaning stuck debris and moss, probably good. Needed on a proper roof, probably not.
Greg

You can be pretty sure this guy is trying to rip you off. If you were really sneaky, you'd call the local DA's office and set up a sting.
Let him spray your roof, collect some of the "solution", have it analyzed and nail the SOB. Have an ADA act as your son or nephew so he can be on site as a witness.
Should be fun!
On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 01:43:17 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Each fall, I cover my roof with whipped cream. It attracts birds and when they poop it waterproofs the roof. At least that's what the whipped cream salesman told me.
It also keeps the roof from being brittle. Have you ever seen brittle whipped cream? There you go. QED.

I don't think it's necesary to go this far to get a conviction. If something goes wrong proving fraud., she'll owe for the service rendered. OP let the cops or DA advise you, fraud division.

You will note that I said "call the local DA". I doubt they'd let her set up a sting on her own.
"OP let the cops or DA advise you" was implied.
On 10/27/2013 04:26 PM, Erma L. wrote:

Is it a cedar shake roof?
http://www.lube-tech.com/productdetail/148436