winter pool cover on concrete pavers

hello, we currently have a concrete pool deck to be replaced by concrete pavers shortly. our pool guy doesn't recommend we install the winter mesh cover on the pavers since they are secured via anchors set in the existing concrete. he says these anchors will break the pavers and/or pull it from it's setting. what are the alternatives? we live in northern va and have always put a winter (mesh) cover on our pool at closing.
thanks