Winter Over At Lowes!!

Snowblowers 20% off and space heaters half off!! I guess winter is over

Outside my window right now we have "thunder sleet". Lightning is flashing, thunder is crashing, and it's sleeting.
Amazing....
John~ wrote:

That was us last week -- fortunately, we missed the "third shoe dropping" in three weeks and got only a skiff of snow w/ on flurries on/off for rest...didn't need any more here and north and west. Hopefully, those east and south will not have the level of damage sustained here -- many still w/o power since 12/29 and some may be another two weeks yet... :(
On 14 Jan 2007 07:24:14 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

Better than that scaredy rodent in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania!
:p
tom @ www.MedJobSite.com
snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

I knew this would happen when I bought my snow thrower there in September. I feel I am responsible for the warm weather in the east and predict a similar one next year. When my snow thrower is out of warranty in two years, we will have a terrible winter ;( Frank
I bought mine at Lowes in Oct. Last year in NJ we had snow 1st week in December. I hope we get one or two big storms!!!
Frank wrote:

On 14 Jan 2007 07:24:14 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

Here in Denver where we've had over 4 feet of snow in the last several weeks you can't find a snowblower. A brand new lowes opened up down the street. They had in stock all kinds of lawnmowers, rototillers, garden equipment. Not one snowblower.
The Lowes and HD's here in San Antonio must have sold out of snowblowers also. There is no a one to be found. Larry
lp13-30 wrote:

I'm in Austin, and if they ever stock a snow blower here, I'll think poorly of the manager.
That said, they're predicting snow for tomorrow.

well, you do live in the mountains.
zapalac wrote:

Actually, Denver itself isn't "in" the mountains. but east at the base...and consequently, is shielded from a lot of the heaviest snows on the leeward side. This series of storms (particularly the first two) have been somewhat unusual in the bulk of the moisture was brought up from the south and southeast ahead of the cold fronts which then precipitated the snow/ice events. That southerly flow of warm air overriding the cold was the cause of so much ice/sleet/freezing rain on the leading edge...
So much for the meterological discussion...the sun is finally shining this AM altho it's 9F (and we're a warm spot SW KS)... :)

If you want to get really picky about it, Denver is in a valley at the base of the mountains. The terrain is higher to the east and south than it is in Denver. The hills to the west are somewhat higher.
snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

On 14 Jan 2007 07:24:14 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

Winter storm warning for tonight; 1/4" of ice, 1/2" of sleet, 6-8" of snow. Local stores are filling their display spaces with air conditioners and swim suits.