Winter Over At Lowes!!

Snowblowers 20% off and space heaters half off!! I guess winter is over

Reply to
bigjim
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Outside my window right now we have "thunder sleet". Lightning is flashing, thunder is crashing, and it's sleeting.

Amazing....

Reply to
John~

Better than that scaredy rodent in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania!

:p

tom @

Tom The Great

That was us last week -- fortunately, we missed the "third shoe dropping" in three weeks and got only a skiff of snow w/ on flurries on/off for rest...didn't need any more here and north and west. Hopefully, those east and south will not have the level of damage sustained here -- many still w/o power since 12/29 and some may be another two weeks yet... :(

Reply to
dpb

I knew this would happen when I bought my snow thrower there in September. I feel I am responsible for the warm weather in the east and predict a similar one next year. When my snow thrower is out of warranty in two years, we will have a terrible winter ;( Frank

Reply to
Frank

Here in Denver where we've had over 4 feet of snow in the last several weeks you can't find a snowblower. A brand new lowes opened up down the street. They had in stock all kinds of lawnmowers, rototillers, garden equipment. Not one snowblower.

Reply to
Hugh Glass

At ours, the discount on space heaters seemed more than half.

Reply to
CJT

The Lowes and HD's here in San Antonio must have sold out of snowblowers also. There is no a one to be found. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

ROTFL!

I'm in Austin, and if they ever stock a snow blower here, I'll think poorly of the manager.

That said, they're predicting snow for tomorrow.

Reply to
CJT

Reply to
bigjim

Winter storm warning for tonight; 1/4" of ice, 1/2" of sleet, 6-8" of snow. Local stores are filling their display spaces with air conditioners and swim suits.

Web Site:

David Starr

Hugh Glass wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

well, you do live in the mountains.

Reply to
zapalac

Actually, Denver itself isn't "in" the mountains. but east at the base...and consequently, is shielded from a lot of the heaviest snows on the leeward side. This series of storms (particularly the first two) have been somewhat unusual in the bulk of the moisture was brought up from the south and southeast ahead of the cold fronts which then precipitated the snow/ice events. That southerly flow of warm air overriding the cold was the cause of so much ice/sleet/freezing rain on the leading edge...

So much for the meterological discussion...the sun is finally shining this AM altho it's 9F (and we're a warm spot SW KS)... :)

Reply to
dpb

If you want to get really picky about it, Denver is in a valley at the base of the mountains. The terrain is higher to the east and south than it is in Denver. The hills to the west are somewhat higher.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene