Windsheild wiper stutter

Page 3 of 3
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 02:53:02 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

My suspicion is the wiper arm is twisted so the blade is hitting the glass at the wrong angle.
As for Bosch blades being "not cheap" I would modify that to "not inexpensive". My experience with the brand, on the whole, is sketchy.
On 07/16/2013 08:07 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Actually I stopped using Bosch blades before the Icons were introduced, but their MicroEdge blades were my go to for my vehicles at the time. They'd last about a year or so... then I switched to PIAA silicone blades which last several years at a time.
Unfortunately my one vehicle uses special blades - not sure if there's a silicone interchange or not, but the factory blades are Valeo Ultimate - those seem to be pretty good, but I just replaced them this past winter so I don't know if they will last longer than the old Bosch blades or not. (they look very similar to Bosch Icon.) I'm hoping they last at least two years for the price ($50 a pair! from Tire Rack, more from the dealer) otherwise I'll try to see if I can fit some more PIAAs... I'm hopeful that they last though because I got full service records with the car and no indication of wipers ever being replaced, and the car was about four years old when I replaced the wipers (and they weren't that bad.) I suspect it was garaged however, don't know where it was parked during the daytime.
I am using some SilBlades on my Jeep, those have been on there for about two years and are just starting to chatter a little. Overall I prefer the PIAAs - I'd stated previously that I preferred the slightly cleaner wiping of the SilBlades, but the negatives to them are that they have a glossy metallic black finish and therefore can cause glare (have had it happen! whereas the PIAAs are typical semi-matte black) and now that I've had them on the vehicle for a while I see that they have a shorter life. I actually wore out a set of PIAAs on a company car, you could see that the wiping edge was all rounded which is why they were starting to streak, but they never did harden up and start chattering. I don't remember exactly how long they were in service but I am guessing 4-5 years.
I know, PIAA products are usually associated with overpriced crap, but I really like their wiper blades... I'm a believer.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:07:10 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

...Snip ...

Have you tried the Icon blades? I put them on 4 different vehicles and other than the one set that chattered - (and were replaced for free) - I'm quite happy with them.
Of course, on 2 of those vehicles, they don't get as much use because my son and I both turn the wipers off at highway speeds. Love that Rain-X washer fluid!
My wife and daughter are too scared to drive without the wipers on, but I don't press the issue. They are probably right.
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 08:07:10 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Mine as been good. They worked well and lasted maybe a year. I also tried a set of RainX and the Bosch are slightly better, IMO. My new car is 111 months old and the OEM are still good, but either of those brands will be my choice when replacement is needed.

Your car is almost 10 years old and you're still using the original wipers?