Windows painted Shut

Hey Everybody,

I have a problem that I am looking for an easy answer to. 75% of the windows in my house are painted shut. The problem is that the prevoius owners put up new storm windows. The windows are painted shut on the inside of the storm windows and on the outside of the window its self. Is the a easy way of doing this with out taking the storm windows apart?

Thanks, steve

Reply to
stephenburke72

Wood storms? Double hung windows?

Reply to
Norminn

Yes, it's not clear what is stuck

Reply to
trader4

If you cant force it you have to remove the storm glass or frame and since its probably caulked as well as screwed on you have a problem

Reply to
ransley

You can try slicing through the paint with a razor-type cutter...

Reply to
HeyBub

I had that problem, luckily the fault of the professional painter, and I made him come back and take out the sashes and sand the paint off the key areas and re-assemble the windows. It only took about one solid day with two people.

Reply to
Em

I had an apartment with a huge sliding glass window. I cut through the layers of paint using an old knife until it finally opened. It took some persistence and I didn't do it in one sitting.

Reply to
Phisherman