windows for home close to street

Hello

My new home is close to street and am looking to buy for bedrooms upstairs - where the noise is maximum - french-style windows, with 2 windows, both double-pane, that is the interior-window opens toward interior and the other exterior window opens to exterior.

Does anybody a company which produces such winodws - are common in Europe but can't find any manufacture around NW area.

Thank you, Florentin.

Reply to
florentin

I have never seen anything close to what you describe. Best option is likely an insulated glass unit, double hung or casement, metal clad exterior if you are going with wood windows. The wood should have a slightly lower noise transmission that vinyl or metal.

Heavy, lined and inter-lined draperies would block the rest.

If you find such a window post the link back here to the group.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Never seen the opening like you describe. I did a house years ago for a man who owned a window company. He had a double set of single glazed windows installed one on the inside and one on the outside. They slid up to open. This installation was LONG before double glazed windows were common in the south west.

Reply to
SQLit