Windows for a sunroom

I'm converting a screened porch to a three season sunroom. I have the option of installing several six foot by 8 ft sliding glass doors, or 43x80 vinyl double hung windows. My contractor has suggested the double hung windows, but I'm not sure how easy they'll be to open and close consider their size. Any ideas, help, opinions will be appreciated. Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

plastic windows with coated alum. framework in my Fla. room. The windows each had four sections, so when wide open they stacked into a 15-18" high stack. Can't for the life of me recall whether they opened up or down :o) There was no insulation, of course, but the room was quite nice in evening to watch the critters that wandered through my yard. It was really great, in all kinds of Florida weather, as there was plenty of protection and air circ.even in thunderstorms.
On Dec 24, 8:26 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://www.weatherwallsystems.com /
There are dealers for this kind of stuff in Floriday
At our cottage in Canada, I converted a screened porch to a 3 season sunroom. My windows were 5' high by 6 wide. I just wanted single pane glass & put in a cheap sliding glass window. I then learned I could get sliding glass doors cut down for slightly more $ and use them for the other 3 windows. I liked them so much I threw out the 1 plain window & put in another door. The doors slide so much easier, are Laminated glass, are easier to adjust & I can move large things threw the sliding door(window). (2 of them are only 8" above floor)
Bob