Windows

Sitting here looking out at our rain and fog,and I began thinking about spring which means cleaning these windows. Anyone else have a problem with window cleaning where the glass looks great until the sun shines or at night car headlights make the windows look smeary and streaked. I have tried windex vinegar even ammonia,but as good as they look when I finish let the sun or headlights hit them and back on the ladder to no avail.
Merry Christmas from Chicago Frank

Pros use squegees, and not from ace or HD, an Itialian co Etorrio. Itorrio { I think] makes them, they last forever as they are brass but the rubbers go bad, for old windows never cleaned, Bar Keepers friend and ZUD , Kitchen cleansers work to remonve years of built up damage with mild Oxcilic Acid, remember trees and pollution etches glass, and Zud does do well. As far as maybe you dont clean well as a pro , good tools do the job and I think its Etorio or something nearly. Denatured Alcohol is a great additive but makes work quick as it dries fast. From Oak Park Ill, to chgo.

IMO, nothing beats a nice Microfiber cloth for cleaning windows. I use a sudsy ammonia diluted in water. Use fresh warm water.

Merry Christmas from Las Vegas

I wondered about them and finally bought one. For the first time ever, the inside of the windshield if my car is clean and streak free. I was amazed by it. They may be cheaper elsewhere but I got mine at www.mysticmaid.com
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I dunno, the local car wash uses 'em and my windows still aren't as clean as they are after my annual steel wool cleaning.
Of course, the interior of an Impala has so much damn plastic that it probably outgasses faster than they can wipe...
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

SWMBO hides them from me; almost like having too ask permission:)

There is a well known trick that most people use that avoids this problem. It's something most people learn on their own, but some people need special coaching, sometimes costing a lot of money and time.
Take it from a pro with a lot of experience, if it bothers you, don't look at it.
:)
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 00:41:56 GMT, Dan Espen

They look good from my house! :-/

For seriously neglected windows the Oxicalic Acid found in Bar Keepers Friend, or ZUD work wonders.
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:07:47 -0800 (PST), ransley

If these are powders; why use them on windows? (abrasion)
Liquids and HOT water do wonders...
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 00:41:56 GMT, Dan Espen

As the window washer said to the housewife: "Lady, you're supposed to look through the windows, not at them!"
Frank wrote:

Curtains work for me.
Frank wrote:

I have the same problem with car windows, I clean them once a year or more with 0000 steel wool and windex and then follow up with just windex, looks pretty good. I don't know that I would try that on house windows though as they often have special coatings which the steel wool might remove. worth a try if you are sure that your windows are just plain glass (e.g. old paned windows) Have you tried "glass wax" or similar product? It's NLA from the original mfgr. but Vermont Country Store sells it as something else now... "window wax" I think?
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
"Frank" wrote

Merry Christmas Frank,
Find some place, which sells, PDP products. Get the PS120, it's a professional's choice.
http://www.pdproducts.net/OhioAutoBrochure_REV_2004.pdf