Windows

Sitting here looking out at our rain and fog,and I began thinking about spring which means cleaning these windows. Anyone else have a problem with window cleaning where the glass looks great until the sun shines or at night car headlights make the windows look smeary and streaked. I have tried windex vinegar even ammonia,but as good as they look when I finish let the sun or headlights hit them and back on the ladder to no avail.

Merry Christmas from Chicago Frank

Reply to
Frank

a,but as good as

Pros use squegees, and not from ace or HD, an Itialian co Etorrio. Itorrio { I think] makes them, they last forever as they are brass but the rubbers go bad, for old windows never cleaned, Bar Keepers friend and ZUD , Kitchen cleansers work to remonve years of built up damage with mild Oxcilic Acid, remember trees and pollution etches glass, and Zud does do well. As far as maybe you dont clean well as a pro , good tools do the job and I think its Etorio or something nearly. Denatured Alcohol is a great additive but makes work quick as it dries fast. =46rom Oak Park Ill, to chgo.

Reply to
ransley

IMO, nothing beats a nice Microfiber cloth for cleaning windows. I use a sudsy ammonia diluted in water. Use fresh warm water.

Merry Christmas from Las Vegas

Reply to
Oren

There is a well known trick that most people use that avoids this problem. It's something most people learn on their own, but some people need special coaching, sometimes costing a lot of money and time.

Take it from a pro with a lot of experience, if it bothers you, don't look at it.

:)

Reply to
Dan Espen

They look good from my house! :-/

Reply to
Oren

onia,but as good as

For seriously neglected windows the Oxicalic Acid found in Bar Keepers Friend, or ZUD work wonders.

Reply to
ransley

Curtains work for me.

Reply to
HeyBub

I have the same problem with car windows, I clean them once a year or more with 0000 steel wool and windex and then follow up with just windex, looks pretty good. I don't know that I would try that on house windows though as they often have special coatings which the steel wool might remove. worth a try if you are sure that your windows are just plain glass (e.g. old paned windows) Have you tried "glass wax" or similar product? It's NLA from the original mfgr. but Vermont Country Store sells it as something else now... "window wax" I think?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I wondered about them and finally bought one. For the first time ever, the inside of the windshield if my car is clean and streak free. I was amazed by it. They may be cheaper elsewhere but I got mine at

Edwin Pawlowski

I dunno, the local car wash uses 'em and my windows still aren't as clean as they are after my annual steel wool cleaning.

Of course, the interior of an Impala has so much damn plastic that it probably outgasses faster than they can wipe...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

If these are powders; why use them on windows? (abrasion)

Liquids and HOT water do wonders...

Reply to
Oren

SWMBO hides them from me; almost like having too ask permission:)

Reply to
Oren

As the window washer said to the housewife: "Lady, you're supposed to look through the windows, not at them!"

Reply to
redmonds

"Frank" wrote

Merry Christmas Frank,

Find some place, which sells, PDP products. Get the PS120, it's a professional's choice.

Chase