window wrap material choice

I'm having 33 windows replaced along with new hardi-plank siding. The contractor was using a pretty light weight tape around the windows (Dupont Tyvar?). Its very thin and only 2 inches wide. I had specified with the salesman that they use the heavy "window wrap" tape and I made them go back and re-do it all.
My question is what is this lightweight tape supposed to be used for? Its the same brand as the vapor barrier they are putting under all the hardi-plank.
Bob

Sorry, the material is Dupont "Tyvek" tape.
Bob

Dupont "Tyvek" tape is used to seal the seams of the housewrap. It is not meant for sealing windows.
A better product would be the 4" protectowrap or similar product. This is applied after the windows are set in place and if installed properly protects the sub-strate from the few drops of water that might cause damage over a long period of time.
I think you did right to question this install.
Colbyt