Window well below grade - how extend?

My window wells ended up slightly below grade after doing some work to improve drainage around the foundation. I would like to extend them by perhaps 6 to 10 inches to finish the job, but I'm stymied at coming up with a solution. Ideal would be a well extension that fit right on top of the existing well with a slight lip that overlapped the top of the existing well. The original contractor installed the existing wells right with bolts and caulk, so shifting them up isn't an option.
Any ideas about possible solutions?
Thanks.
-------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
On May 31, 12:36 pm, adirondack_46er_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (phelps) wrote:

Any sheet metal shop journeyman could make the extensions complete with several l-brackets at the bottom for retainers. They would need a pattern of the old well to get the correct bend on his slip roll. Might take an hour to make half a dozen, so price with material would be in the $150 range. YMMV.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖

How about the shortest one you can buy that is slightly bigger than the one you have?
Second best choice would be to frame and pour and extension out of concrete using the mix in a bag, enriched.
I can go in to more detail if you like.
Colbyt
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/31/2011 8:04 PM, Colbyt wrote:

Last time I ran into that situation (grandmother's house where the yard kept getting taller and trying to eat the back patio), we went one size larger, and created a stepped window well, with gravel in the in-between area to keep the drainage working right. Digging was easier than cutting the metal with the tools we had available, so we just dug down and planted the new one to correct depth.
--
aem sends...

Add pictures here
✖
WARNING!
The grade MUST BE BELOW THE HOMES SILL!!
if the grade is too high, that is dirt close to top of foundation moisture can get ton Sill and cause rot:( termite and carpenter ant infestation:( all of these love wet wood to live on, whoever regraed yard may not be aware of this possiblity.........
Add pictures here
✖
On May 31, 1:36 pm, adirondack_46er_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (phelps) wrote:

Replace them with taller ones.
Add pictures here
✖
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Window-well-below-grade-how-extend-636251-.htm phelps wrote: Thanks everyone - some direction I can work with here.
Trying to avoid replacing with taller ones because I don't want to excavate out 4 wells and muck up the planting around them. I'll work on the other options.
JB
Add pictures here
✖