Window that you can see out but not see in

How about a venitian-blind? When you want to look out and not be seen, just tilt the blades.

If you want to see scenery at one vertical angle, and want to hide from someone at a *different* angle, you can do it that way.

(Yeah, you get only horizontal "stripes" of the view, but that's the cost, like "there's no free lunch".)

And you don't like looking through the window via those stripes, well, you can just jump up and down in the shower, fast enough that it blurs into a full picture!

Hell, you can even put one of those small circular tramplines in the shower!

David

Reply to
David Combs

replying to MiamiCuse, Diane Enfinger wrote: The tinting does this but what your talking about doesn't show you inside at night I believe...thanks for this question cuz i M building new & wondering same thing...

Reply to
Diane Enfinger

How about brighter lights outside than inside.

Reply to
Thomas

As far as I know there is no such thing as directional glass.

When you reduce the transmission of light by tinting or mirroring, you favo r the bright side.

Say 25% of light passes through. Outside is bright, call it 100 on some sc ale. 25 will come through for the occupant to see. Inside is dark, call i t 10 on some scale. 2.5 will go through for the passerby. Tint it to any percentage you want and adjust the light.

The answer to this one is a camera. Mount an inexpensive rear camera from the autoparts store with a screen inside, frost or tint the window however you want.

Reply to
TimR

vor the bright side.

scale. 25 will come through for the occupant to see. Inside is dark, call it 10 on some scale. 2.5 will go through for the passerby. Tint it to an y percentage you want and adjust the light.

m the autoparts store with a screen inside, frost or tint the window howeve r you want.

Even though the OP is from 2007, I'll jump in and ask...

Are you suggesting that MiamiCuse watch a TV monitor while (s)he showers?

"...that window...looks into a planter area with hanging orchids and other plants...a very nice view.

For that reason I would like to be able to see out even while taking a shower..."

Reply to
DerbyDad03