Window shade problem - any simple remedy?

I have a pull-down shade (and it's a very tall window - I'd need a ladder t o get to the top) that operates on a looped chain. Unfortunately, it seems some sticky substance from my nearby potted palm (maybe during blooming sea son) dripped on the chain and is now in the "wheel" at the top as well. At any rate, after a few rough periods, when I tried to move the shade (which is currently almost all the way down) the chain broke. I can't budge the sh ade. Is there anything I can do to clean it out so I can just get a new cha in afterwards and set things up myself without calling someone in?

Thank you.

Lenona.

Reply to
lenona321

Depending on where it broke, the ball chain connector may not work.

The connector may not go around the gear correctly since it is longer and stiffer than the ball links. Just something to look out for.

Good luck!

Reply to
DerbyDad03