Window shade drawstrings.

I have 3 shades in my room. The kind that you pull down, and when you want to raise them, you have to pull them down a bit, and then ease them back up. They don't have any strings on them. Are there strings that you can clip on to them? Where can I buy them? The longer the better, as I am in a wheelchair. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Patrick D. Rockwell

On 8/11/2005 2:08 AM US(ET), Patrick D. Rockwell took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I don't have any roll-up shades in my house and haven't checked them out in a long while, but they used to have a cord attached in the center of the wood stiffener at the bottom of the shade. There was a pull ring attached to the bottom of the cord. If there is a wood stiffener at the bottom of the shade, how about drilling a hole in the center and attaching your own cord and pull ring?

Reply to
willshak

Yes you can buy them.

They don't normally clip on. They utilize a small screw with a large plastic cap (3/8"). You simply locate the exact middle of the shade and screw it into the wood rail that is inside the bottom of the shade. There is a string that wraps around the loop, hangs down and terminates in a circle.

They usually extend the length of the shade by about 8". I have never seen more than the one size, but you could always extend it with a piece of string if appearance isn't important.

K-mart used to stock them and sell them for about $1 per shade with the higbee included . Lowes or HD may have them.

Here is a link to a picture of them. This price seems a little high to me:

Another option for you to consider if money is not a concern is motorized cellular shades which can be raised or lowered with a remote control. The batteries in the battery version last about a year of normal use.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt