Window repair

We live in a mobile home and have fairly nice windows. They tip in for easy cleaning. In the past year I have several that slide down from the top. Not far but far enought to lose heat. I cannot lock them shut, the little clips are broken. We have 2 that will not open properly. They weight a ton when you try and need a stick to keep them open. My husband and I are retired and on a fixed income. Are there books we could look at to see how to fix these problems? Thanks to all who choose to reply.
--
BetsyB

<< In the past year I have several that slide down from the top. Not far but far enought to lose heat. I cannot lock them shut, >>
Drive a stainless steel sheet metal screw into the frame under the window to hold it up. Let it protrude about 1/2". Ought to work OK and easily removable when you need to. HTH
Joe
BetsyB
"Joe Bobst" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.comtosspam> wrote in message
Betsy wrote:

It wouldn't be safe in an emergency unless you can push the window out.
"John Harlow" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...