Window question

I live in construction that is 2 1/2 years old. The builder installed windows that had a gray "General Contractor" sticker on it. Last year one of the windows fogged and I was able to get the builder to replace the sash. I ahve noticed another has fogged and also one of the small windows by the door (I think it is called a 'light') has fogged too. I cannot find my builder anymore and these windows have no obvious indication of the OEM?

Can anyone advise on either who the OEM is and what if any recourse I have?

Reply to
Jim G

There has to be a label somewhere or go to local stores and look, you should hve paperwork on them

Reply to
m Ransley

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3137.bay.webtv.net:

We have no paperwork. The markings on the window are a NAMI gold label, and there is a barcode. No manufacturer, but the is a marking in the inside of the panes which reads, "Duraseal" and a number.

Reply to
GaryM

Are you in England:

Dan Espen

I see Duraseal is also a window type.

I had a similar problem. I went to the NAMI website, downloaded a PDF and found the manufacturers name using the number in the PDF.

At first the manufacturer wouldn't help, they wanted the retail outlet to act as a go between, but eventually they came through.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Dan Espen wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mk.telcordia.com:

I cannot find a PDF on that site. The key numbers on the NAMI sticker are:

Code: KKI Specs: NRFC Series: 4600 Double Hung MST: 3050

Reply to
GaryM

Oy. Sounds like they are exceedingly shitty windows.

If you have a warranty left with the home and are in the US, check with the attorney general of your state, and see if they have record of the builder. Network with the neighbors to see if they have leads on the builder.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

R> Dan Espen wrote in

I can't either, but I remember finding one in the past. Try sending them an email or calling.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Aha, turns out I still have a record of what I actually did. In my case the window was AAMA Certified. I saw the NAMI and just assumed it was the same organization. Looks like calling them or email is your only choice.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Go to All About Doors & Window a parts and hardware online catalog at allaboutdoors.com. Best part...take a photo of the part you are needing to find and they will research a replacement for you.

Reply to