window pin; locating a replacement part

I've got double-hung windows (vinyl-clad "replacements", installed about

1998) that tilt in for cleaning and easy removal. The "pins" that engage the window into a spiral spring-like things on the sides of the windows that keep them up or down. One of the pins has broken.

From what I can tell, the pin is a metal rod, with a kind of knob on one end. The rod slides into the window, and there are threaded holes in the rod that allow screws to secure them into the window. The rod that broke snapped at the place where there is a threaded hole. Overall length is probably 4 inches.

I have NO IDEA who made these windows. There's no markings on them at all. I've done some Google searches for Window Parts but I can't find anything that looks like what I need. Maybe I've got the wrong terminology? Any idea what I'm talking about?? :-) sources?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
barb g

Barb,

Take some clear pictures of your window and the broken part. Look in the phone book under glass and under windows. Carry your pictures around to the various stores. It's likely someone will be able to help you.

Good luck, Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel