Window Opinions (Silverline, Peachtree, Thermastar)

I am looking at either ...

1) Silverline 3000 Series vinyl (the same as Home Depot's American Craftsman 3000 series)

2) Peachtree 300 Series vinyl-clad

3) Thermastar vinyl from Lowes

Does anyone have experience with these new construction windows? I am leaning towards the vinyl-clad because they look more solid and better built. However, the Silverline has a lot of weather-stripping that I like also. Opionions and facts are welcome! Thanks.

Reply to
Saucer Man

I have a Silverline garden window. I can't compare it to any other garden window but I can say something about the warranty service.

All in all, I love the window. The appearance is good and it doesn't let any cold in. After the second winter 2 of the panes cracked. I can't explain why, they weren't hit by anything and the window looks like it was mounted correctly.

Silverline has a lifetime warranty on the windows. For a fee they will send out someone to replace the panes. All you pay for is labor. I opted to do the replacements myself so it didn't cost me a cent.

One of the broken panes was operable so replacing that was a breeze. The other was a fixed pane. Silverline explained the procedure and I was impressed with the way the window was put together. It was few hours work but now the window is as good as new. A few years have passed with no further problems.

I love vinyl windows and I'm always impressed when a company stands behind it's product.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Thanks for the info. My current windows are leaking air so the company is going to pay for replacements and installation. I am still leaning towards the vinyl-clad Peachtree but it is not set in stone yet.

Reply to
Saucer Man