Window Insulation

Hello,

I live in a pretty old house, and I am going to insulate the windows with either Frost King or 3M window plastic. I'm wondering if it is better to place the plastic on the outside, or the inside. I know they make outdoor and indoor plastic, just wondering which would offer the best results.

THans.

Reply to
leemikef

Whichever side will trap the most air between the plastic and the glass.

By the way, the 3M film is much better quality than the Frost King in terms of clarity. I've seen no difference in the performance of the tape from either brand, though.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If you have very leaky windows, and you put the plastic on the outside, you will get frost on the plastic. I think what is more important than the air space is blocking as much air infiltration as possible.

Reply to
marson

In my case, I could never see how the tape would stick to anything on the outside. Too many strange little angles & turns in the siding surrounding the windows. Inside, it's all smooth wood.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom