Window insulation

I have a small log home with lots of windows. I am looking to improve insulation to save fuel oil. The windows are all Anderson double pane. Would it help much to install additional storm windows in place of the screens?

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

Not as much as insulating shutters would, but yes.

Reply to
Goedjn

Look into insulating other ways also, insulating cellular shades that seal on the edge can add R3, Insulating curtains and liners might add R

2-6. Foamboard night time inserts can add R7. But be carefull of daytime when trapped suns heat could crack the glass. A storm glass might only give R1-2.
Reply to
m Ransley

Would it be effective to add the storm windows and sandwich a 2 inch piece of styrofoam between the two windows at the bottom half. I would glue some of the aluminum foil insulation on the inside of the styrofoam.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

Back to the top to see if there are any answers.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---