Window insulating

Greetings all:
We're looking at insulating our 30 year old home a bit for the winter, by using plastic sheeting over the windows on the inside.
Our window frames are wood and i don't particularly wish to strip off the finish on them by using something strongly adhesive like carpet tape. I also don't want to staple it. What is an effective way to attach the plastic to the window frames to seal all my expensive oil heat inside?
Thanks,
KD
KD wrote:

Build a frame (wood or aluminum) and put the plastic on that and mount that over the window.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.ns.sympatico.ca says...

The plastic sheeting kits you can get at any home store (i.e. Home Depot) this time of year, include 2-sided tape that's designed to stick well, but be removable in the spring. Applied properly, it should come off without removing any of the finish.
Regards,
George Wenzel
--
George Wenzel, B.A. (Criminology)