Window Installment Question?

I have a brick single family home with aluminum windows which need to be replaced. My question is which window is better? A window that extends brick to brick (making it a bigger window) or a window in a wooden frame? The installer recommends wooden frame however many people I spoke to state that newer construction uses brick to brick windows, making windows look bigger.

Any opinions? Thanks!

Reply to
j_butler1959