window getting wet from inside

Page 3 of 4
even 30 % ??

If at 30% you are getting condensation with thermopane windows, first thing I would do is check your RH meter.
If it is correct, your windows may, indeed, be FUBAR.
Exactly what kind of windows, in what type of home construction, and where??????
What is the RH meter? What is FUBAR? construction: 2X6 and in Ontario, Canada

In this context, I'd expect it has something to do with _humidity_.

Google will give you better answers for this than you could get anywhere else.

Relative Humidity meter - also known as Hygrometer

F'd up beyond all repair - a Naval term.

With what sheathing/siding/insulation? Built when?

Where in Ontario?

south eastern ontario

Please don't top-post, putting your answer before what you're answering makes the conversation impossible to follow.
oh, sorry...didn't realise.

Nice.
<plonk>
LOL
Another Master of conversation plonks to get attention his mommy never gave him.

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:11:17 -0500, " Solar Flare"

As I recall you were plonking people left and right not so long ago. I remember you plonking me under at least two of your nyms. Perhaps memory loss is one of your afflictions eh Gymmy Bob, or should we call you Mr. Pot? http://tinyurl.com/c7495
Wayne

Ssssh, he thinks he's not recognizable.

As in east of Toronto, or West of Toronto?

Being that Toronto is just about right in the east/west middle of Ontario I think you could decipher that one quite easily.
Would a BASICA programme listing help?
LOL

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:03:46 -0500, " Solar Flare"

Lots of people devide southern Ontario East West at somewhere between Woodstock and Kitchener. Others make the devide at Milton.
I consider Kitchener to be Mid-Western Ontario, and from London to Windsor South Western. Where Eastern (particularly South Eastern) starts is kinda open to interpretation..
Anyway, if he's out along the St Laurence - between say Ajax and Kingston, right about now, with a reasonably insulated 2X6 construction (almost by default less than 30 year old) home his interior RH WILL be over 30% unless he's got his windows open and the furnace running a lot.Likely over 40.
Maybe. I have my humidifier started up and set at 35% but it can't keep up in the cold weather ans eventually sinks down to about 25% at the end of the winter.

somewhere between

Milton.
from London to

South Eastern)

say Ajax and

insulated 2X6

old) home his

windows open and the

eastern ontario as in Kingston.

I have not had the humidifier running in my house in Waterloo for over 6 years. Have not even got one installed since replacing the furnace 3 years ago. House is standard 2X4 constructed, brick veneer bottom, aluminum top 2 story built in the late seventies. Current interior RH is 39-40%. On the coldest, nastiest days my front bay window and kitchen window (still original aluminum frame dual unit - not thermopane) occaisionally get a bit damp. Otherwize, my Rehau profile vinyl framed thermopane side slider windows have never had a problem.
How many kids and how often do you eat inhouse?
35%

eventually
Waterloo for over

replacing the furnace 3

veneer bottom,

Current interior RH

window and

unit - not

my Rehau profile

never had a problem.
Fewer condensation problems. High-performance Quieter home. High-performance windows often windows stay warmer in the winter resulting in drier utilize multiple glazing and insulated frames. These windows with fewer condensation-related problems. features reduce unwanted noise from the outside. Condensation can stain fabrics, lead to mold and
mildew build-up, and in cold climates cause damage
"