window getting wet from inside

Relative Humidity meter - also known as Hygrometer

F'd up beyond all repair - a Naval term.

With what sheathing/siding/insulation? Built when?

Where in Ontario?

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

boubou

Please don't top-post, putting your answer before what you're answering makes the conversation impossible to follow.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Reply to
boubou

Nice.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

LOL

Another Master of conversation plonks to get attention his mommy never gave him.

Reply to
Solar Flare

As I recall you were plonking people left and right not so long ago. I remember you plonking me under at least two of your nyms. Perhaps memory loss is one of your afflictions eh Gymmy Bob, or should we call you Mr. Pot?

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk

Ssssh, he thinks he's not recognizable.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

As in east of Toronto, or West of Toronto?

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Being that Toronto is just about right in the east/west middle of Ontario I think you could decipher that one quite easily.

Would a BASICA programme listing help?

LOL

Reply to
Solar Flare

Lots of people devide southern Ontario East West at somewhere between Woodstock and Kitchener. Others make the devide at Milton.

I consider Kitchener to be Mid-Western Ontario, and from London to Windsor South Western. Where Eastern (particularly South Eastern) starts is kinda open to interpretation..

Anyway, if he's out along the St Laurence - between say Ajax and Kingston, right about now, with a reasonably insulated 2X6 construction (almost by default less than 30 year old) home his interior RH WILL be over 30% unless he's got his windows open and the furnace running a lot.Likely over 40.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Maybe. I have my humidifier started up and set at 35% but it can't keep up in the cold weather ans eventually sinks down to about 25% at the end of the winter.

east/west

one

somewhere between

Milton.

from London to

South Eastern)

say Ajax and

insulated 2X6

old) home his

windows open and the

Reply to
Solar Flare

eastern ontario as in Kingston.

Reply to
boubou

I have not had the humidifier running in my house in Waterloo for over

6 years. Have not even got one installed since replacing the furnace 3 years ago. House is standard 2X4 constructed, brick veneer bottom, aluminum top 2 story built in the late seventies. Current interior RH is 39-40%. On the coldest, nastiest days my front bay window and kitchen window (still original aluminum frame dual unit - not thermopane) occaisionally get a bit damp. Otherwize, my Rehau profile vinyl framed thermopane side slider windows have never had a problem.
Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

No. Installation problems would cause cold air leaks AROUND the windows, between the window and the wall, and would drastically lower RH in the house due to infiltration of cold dry air.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Huh? That makes no sense and isn't true based on personal experience. A storm window even if it fits over just the glass, will increase the temperature of the inside glass. But, storm window typically fits just inside the outside trim or fit on top of the trim. Thus decreasing any air infiltration between the window and the frame. Storm windows can easily reduce temperature fluctuations in a house, especially those with metal framed windows.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

How many kids and how often do you eat inhouse?

message

35%

eventually

Waterloo for over

replacing the furnace 3

veneer bottom,

Current interior RH

window and

unit - not

my Rehau profile

never had a problem.

Reply to
Solar Flare

I was not talking about storm windows. The OP had asked if the (improper) installation of the windows could cause the problem. My reply was ONLY to that question. Look at the number of >> before the messages. My reply, with >> was to the part with >>>

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

More bottom posting confusion.

then, would it be the

condensation AND ice build

message

that would lead to some

*FROST* on the inside of the

the inside surface of the

point for 70F and 30RH is

loss and stop the inside

leaks AROUND the

would drastically lower

air.

asked if the

the problem. My

of >> before the

Reply to
Solar Flare

The thread shows that you msg was in response to my comment.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon