Window Flush Hole Plug

The windows on my house have a couple holes in the center that are covered with a white hole plug and cover a screw but several have weathered and fallen off. They have become a nice place for bees to try and live and I am looking for something to cap the holes. Home Depot and True Value have nothing that will work.
I am looking for something like the 3/8 inch hole plug in this kit:
http://www.cliphouse.com/detail.aspx?ID $59
I don't want to buy the whole kit because I just need the 3/8 inch plug. Its also similar to this (about 3/4 of the way down the page, its #89 or #89a):
http://www.silplastic.com/winhard.htm
But there must be someplace more local (Chicago, Illinois) to get it. Any ideas.
Thanks in advance, -Matt
Matt wrote:

Why not just get a wood dowel and cut off the length you need? You can sand them down a little if needed, even taper it a little. You may also want to just calk the hole with a non-hardening calk, depending on how often you may want to access it.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Have you checked in their special hardware drawers for furniture? Something suitable should be in there.

am