Window Fin

Can I use a sawzall to cut out a new construction window through the fin (alum)? I don't want to destroy the trim or remove siding when putting in replacement windows. Perhaps there is another tool that is easier?
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 13, 8:33 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You're better off cutting it by hand. A Sawzall will get away from you too easily and make a real mess. Go down to your local lumber yard and get one those short tapered fine tooth keyhole saws (probably called some thing else now, maybe utility saw, whatever). It will be more grunt work, but think how nice your abs will look when you're done. HTH
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 13, 9:33 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes. I'm not a big fan on relying entirely on caulk for a weather seal. I don't know what type of windows you have, but I prefer replacement sash to replacement windows in most instances...as long as the existing window isn't horrible.
✖