window comparison regular double hung vs tilted sashes

We are looking to install new windows in our addition and our contractor has selected a double hung window where the bottom tilts inward. Our question is: which window is better in terms of energy efficiency and etc, never mind the tilt feature. Thanks.

if it's a double hung both the top and bottom should open and close as well as have the tilt in feature. if the top doesn't open it's a single hung and yo will be cleaning the top portion of the the window form the outside. IMO Andersen windows are the best on the market as far as reliability and thermal protection but the decision on the type of window relies on your taste and the style for your home.
patliz1 wrote:

I would expect the top and bottom to tilt.
Energy efficiency is much more a mater of quality not tilt or non-tilt. I would expect that you will find the best quality double hung all tilt.
There are several national brands and often different quality lines within each brand. I believe that Anderson has the best reputation of the main line national brands. You may find a high quality local brand.
Don't underestimate the difference proper instillation can make.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Consumer Reports has a good article and rated maybe 25 windows. There is alot to windows, ratings, Air iniltration, solar heat gain, R value, condensing factor, etc etc. Research beore you buy, it is like buying a car. Anderson are good. there are good Gov sites also on efficiency. Google.