Window Air Conditioner Panels

It eventually happens to every ac window unit I have ever owned, the accordian-like rubber panels on the side rip. I use duct tape as a temporary cure, but it looks sloppy, Are replacement panels available(other than from the manufacturer)?
I have never seen any available from anyone like Frost King. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong places.
Ish
Ish wrote:

Funny. This AM I just taped mine. I used the metal duct tape (not the cloth stuff, but the stuff really made to use on ducts.). Look as bad as duct tape, but it last longer.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Home Depot now sells replacements for about $10 or more . Made by Frost King I think.
I am sure Lowes and others will stock the same.

Make some. Plywood, paneling, aluminum siding. cardboard boxes, sheets of thick plastic. Anything in the range of 1/4" to 1/2" will work. As long as the AC is going back in the same width window, you are set for life.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Foam from a camping mattress. Might as well get some insulation out of the deal, while you're at it.
Hi,

These might help....
http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?a-1appliance+tSwkBf+winunsidcur.html This universal type cut-to-fit side curtain is approximately 17-1/2" tall. There is one curtain per package.
http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?a-1appliance+tSwkBf+vinsidpan.html Simple to install kits come complete with absolutely nothing else to buy. Tools required are scissors, screwdriver and measuring tape. One year limited warranty.
* Replaces old, cracked or torn side panels * Two flexible panels each expand to fit openings to 21" high x 12" wide * Includes four mounting tracks with pressure sensitive adhesive * Meets or exceeds OEM specifications