Window Air Conditioner - Fan runs continuous

I just purchased a Maytag Air Conditioner for my shop. It seems to work fine except the fan runs all the time. I hate to shut it off every time I leave the shop but I don't like the continuous run of the fan. Will this wear the fan out or would it be harder on it if it cycled on and off. Thanks Steve

This is the way a window shaker works.
The fan will only cycle off if it has an energy saving switch on the unit. In the energy saving mode the fan will stop running.
-- kjpro _-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>
( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail
Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!
_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>
Usually fan always on is an option. In any case the fan is likely to outlast the rest of it.

Likely the fan stays on to allow the thermostat to get a good reading of the room temp.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Every window AC I've seen runs the fan continuously while cycling the compressor on and off to regulate the room temperature.
snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com (Steve) wrote in message

Normal operation...the compressor is what is controlled by the cold control on the unit...not the fan.

Steve wrote

There may be an 'energy saver' feature on your model (check the owner's manual) where it will cycle the fan motor with the compressor when it goes on and off. If you have questionable power supply to it, don't use that feature as it will put added strain on the power supply when both the fan and compressor start running at the same time.

Possibly but probably not noticeably so. The surge in power supply would be more a concern IMO.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Maytag+air+conditioner
=~~~~~~